5.7 to 383 poss injection upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an upgraded spyder injection system now I changed to a 383 stroker with a 210/[email protected]/.470ex114lsa cam
9.1:1 compression
Is there any way to change injectorers or?
Thanks

Jake_Caulley

Reaction score
You might be better served swapping to a marine intake. You can use real injectors which are available in many flow rates. I did one on mine, wasn't too difficult.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd also be interested on how much marine intakes are and if there's a good source for them. Also, are there any a/c or emission issues that one would run into running the marine intake?

Jake_Caulley

Reaction score
How much did you spend doing that swap? It seems like Marine intakes are gold around here
I found a used intake on Ebay for $500. I also put larger injectors in it, swapped to a 0411, and had it tuned when I did it. You have to do some real minor machine work for the coolant bypass in the thermostat housing. You can keep the EGR if you do a divorced EGR setup but I deleted mine and had it eliminated in the tune. Most of the cost for me was the time doing it.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, I guess it would be safe to say that doing the Marine intake swap on these trucks AND getting the most out of it by using the 0411 would put the cost well over $1,000 if you add in the cost of the intake, new injectors, PCM, tuning and various odds and ends.

At the end of the day is it worth the money and labor?

Ive always pondered about doing a HT383 but the intake always seems to come up.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, I guess it would be safe to say that doing the Marine intake swap on these trucks AND getting the most out of it by using the 0411 would put the cost well over $1,000 if you add in the cost of the intake, new injectors, PCM, tuning and various odds and ends.

At the end of the day is it worth the money and labor?

Ive always pondered about doing a HT383 but the intake always seems to come up.

And at that cost there are other options available just depends on what your looking to do.