5.7 Starting Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oddly, this is the first time it has kicked the 1351 code. The one it normally throws is for the EGR but it doesn't effect it as far as I can tell. I have a scan gauge on the vehicle. That's how I get and clear codes. Like I said, when it starts it runs like a champ..

Does your scan tool have live data? Can you look at O2 sensor graphs? Diagnosing those by looking at the graphs is very fast and easy.

Slime

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, the original problem was a bad wire right at the top of the fuel pump assembly. No idea why I had those codes. Stuff I checked were good. After replacing another fuel pump, it still wouldn't pump. Checked the connection and it was hit and miss. Replaced the entire pump and assembly. Couldn't buy just the assembly without the pump, so I have a spare pump at least.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well, the original problem was a bad wire right at the top of the fuel pump assembly. No idea why I had those codes. Stuff I checked were good. After replacing another fuel pump, it still wouldn't pump. Checked the connection and it was hit and miss. Replaced the entire pump and assembly. Couldn't buy just the assembly without the pump, so I have a spare pump at least.
Did the new pump come with a replacement harness(because the new pump plug doesn't match the original one cause GM made a running change in production)?