5/7 drop,wanna go back to factory height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dj Wolfe

Reaction score
I have a mild c notch 5/7 drop, what parts do i need to go back to factory height? Also do i need to keep the c notch in? I talked to a guy and thats what he said to do?

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely keep the notch. I can only imagine what would happen if you removed the notch. Lol
Put your stock spindles, springs or control arms, depending on how it's lowered. For the rear, flip the axle back and put your factory hardware back on and new u bolts. Maybe the flip kit hardware would work the same as the factory parts if the axle is in the OEM position?

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a mild c notch 5/7 drop, what parts do i need to go back to factory height? Also do i need to keep the c notch in? I talked to a guy and thats what he said to do?
I have many times considered doing this myself. If I had it all to do over again it would stay stock height. But I have got to say the older I get it is easier to get in and out of lowered =)

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
Definitely keep the notch.

YES! For sure!

Or have a piece welded back in the c-notch location. If it were mine & I did this I'd probably go ahead and have them box plate & weld the back side of the frame at the same time. Might be overkill but it'd be insurance.

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have many times considered doing this myself. If I had it all to do over again it would stay stock height. But I have got to say the older I get it is easier to get in and out of lowered =)

Do you mind saying why you would want to go back to the stock height? I am considering lowering mine so I am always open to the experience of others about these modifications.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you mind saying why you would want to go back to the stock height? I am considering lowering mine so I am always open to the experience of others about these modifications.

Back to factory ride and comfort. And being able to haul a load again, Being able to not worry about bottom outs, parking lot curb stops, I guess just in general being able to use it as a truck again. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was the cats ass back in the day =)
But age will change your opinion on things.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No worries, my friend. I'd raise it up to a 2/4 and call it good. These rigs look there best at that. You get that sporty stance, but can haul a load.