5/6 or 5/7 lowering the best kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sled

Reaction score
so taking from rojo and someotherguy's notes...

Both flip kits have the pinion angle's set into them but the DJM kit is adjustable requiring additional or different hardware which potentially complicates installation. So it almost seems like it would be easier to go with the Belltech flip. with that being said will the belltech have the correct pinion for an aggressive static drop like a 5/7?

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not additional hardware in the DJM kit, it's literally the hardware that comprises the kit, it's a cheap design and does not hold its setting.

As far as the Belltech kit with that amount of drop, 7" is not aggressive. The kit itself is 6" to begin with. 7" isn't that much more; 8" would be considered an aggressive rear drop on a GMT400 strictly because that's where you start to run out of suspension travel without a fabbed notch. (also start seriously running into ground clearance problems)

Richard

sled

Reaction score
Richard,

Thank you, definitely helps. I have a 91 std cab myself which ill be using 20" boss 304's and ive gone with an AVS super C. I also have a 2" shackle I can use but im not cutting into the bed other than clearance for the kit and pumpkin so I don't even know if ill have the clearance to use it. sounds like I may be going with the belltech flip for reasons said above.

Pale Injun

Reaction score
Update I finally lowered the truck and here is how she looks ended up going 5/8

Thanks for starting this thread. Came here for input, before I start piecing together my lowering kit and got exactly the insight I was looking for.

Do you mind sharing the details of which pieces you used to get your 5/8 drop? Your stance is exactly what I'm aiming for.

Last edited: