5.3 Swap crank but no start, Urgent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never needed the full contraption to free them. When I do it, I just spray them out with cleaner, actuate the solenoid, repeat until it starts moving.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jackslaw64

Reaction score
I've never needed the full contraption to free them. When I do it, I just spray them out with cleaner, actuate the solenoid, repeat until it starts moving.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I followed this exact video before I saw this lol, runs like a top now, thank you all so much for yalls hellp!

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m wanting to do the same swap… 5.3 with nv3500…let us know how everything works out when driving

Jackslaw64

Reaction score
I’m wanting to do the same swap… 5.3 with nv3500…let us know how everything works out when driving
Drives great, the hp increase is insane, tach isnt hooked up yet so im not sure how the old NV3500 is really doing, shifts great but got a little hot after an hour on the interstate at 70. Realized I had a bad seal at the tailshaft so there wasnt really any fluid, of course I don’t really rag the tranny that much since its a lighter duty one, but I’d definitely recommend going for it, especially if you’re coming from a 4.3. MPG was great too, about 19.

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drives great, the hp increase is insane, tach isnt hooked up yet so im not sure how the old NV3500 is really doing, shifts great but got a little hot after an hour on the interstate at 70. Realized I had a bad seal at the tailshaft so there wasnt really any fluid, of course I don’t really rag the tranny that much since its a lighter duty one, but I’d definitely recommend going for it, especially if you’re coming from a 4.3. MPG was great too, about 19.
Is that 19mpg baby-ing the throttle or driving like we all would lol