5.3 in a 95 z71 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goatman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 4l60e in my truck. I have been looking for a 4l80e so this is a maybe if I cant find one by the time my motor is completed. Which might be awhile.

Can I use the 95 4l60e if I got to?

Truck is very minor as for as motor work. it is just a Summit pro ls stage 2 cam, supporting mods, 706 heads, tbss intake, and I have been looking at a holley terminator x max efi unit to run it all.

I still need fuel injectors/throttle body cause I not sure what size to go with for it. This is more for low end power and reliability.

What size fuel injectors and throttle body would you run?

any tips here on these issues?

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your 95 trans wont work it's a 1 year only. As for injectors stock should be fine.

VAMTuning

Reaction score
You may be able to use your 4l60e, but will take some wiring creativity since the pinouts at the transmission are different, I believe. If you go with an X max it might be able to control the transmission, check to see if your year is supported and make sure the cable pinout and the trans pinout match function for function.

What year 5.3 do you have? If it's a 2000 and up your stock 24lb injectors are probably ok now. Similar trucks I have tuned went to a 30-34lb marine injector from the 8.1 for a reasonable cost. Careful buying injectors from a different generation motor or you will need to adapt the injector plugs on your harness.

The 78mm throttle body on a 5.3 is not a huge restriction and you can run any manual throttle body with the X max system. Be careful getting a cheap one or cheap TOS or IAC sensors because they cause all kids of problems.