Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JT_Dubz

Reaction score
View media item 32424
My first post here on this forum, or any forum for that matter. I recently bought a 98 k1500 z71 (my first chevy truck) off a fella, and he told me the 4x4 wasn't working because of a "wiring issue". I searched around under the truck and found a plug just hanging out, disconnected and chilling near the t-case. Couldn't find where it could've been disconnected from though. I took a picture and will post it here with this post. Hopefully someone has an answer as to where it goes.

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Can't see the pic? What transfer case do you have? NP243 "push button", NP241C "floor shift" or does yours have Autotrac? Not sure what the first year was for that but its push button and will have an "auto" button as well as N,4Hi and 4Lo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

JT_Dubz

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Can't see the pic? What transfer case do you have? NP243 "push button", NP241C "floor shift" or does yours have Autotrac? Not sure what the first year was for that but its push button and will have an "auto" button as well as N,4Hi and 4Lo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Np243 I'm fairly certain, it's a push button set up and no "auto" as an option, just 2hi, 4hi, and 4lo