4x4 Torsion Bar Markings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBCK

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been upgrading/restoring my suspension and I've had my torsion bars off. I know the temper of the bars have a right/left and I see the markings on the end have a R or L and a little semicircle arrow which I assume indicates the torsion direction.

What I am wondering is what end should that R/L marking be on as far as the A-arms or keys? I assume they're directional and that will change how they should twist. Rookie mistake not noting it earlier but any help I could get I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See if this makes sense, the last time I could see the arrow, it was pointed toward the tire, in the direction to put tension on it.

I had a truck on a drive-in rack. Standing under the truck, looking from the front to the back, driver side (inside the control arm) it was pointing/turning clockwise.
Passenger side, looking at the control arm end, it was pointed/turning counter clockwise.