4x4 Posi-Lok Cable Activated Front Differential Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had one of these on my 91 for a long time after replacing a few actuators. I ended up taking it off after 11 years because the cable got all bound and worn but it's a good unit. Good write up as well.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put one on my truck yesturday. Works great. The 4x4 indicator light works still too and lights up as soon as I pull the knob.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been wanting to buy one. Thought about trying to make my own

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I have one on my truck, it's nice, but my knob came off and now it kind of sucks because it's just pressed on. I've been wanting to try to appoxy it back on but I haven't yet.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one on my truck, it's nice, but my knob came off and now it kind of sucks because it's just pressed on. I've been wanting to try to appoxy it back on but I haven't yet.

Sounds like you got the knock off version of the posi lok. I read about this before I ordered mine. I made sure I was getting the real deal.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
has anyone done this with the auto 4wd button? My light flashes when I put in in 4wd. It still seems to work, but I'm wondering if the PO did something wrong. Is there a sensor or something that I need to reinstall?

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would think it senses that the factory plugs aren't hooked up to thus flashing saying it doesn't see it locking in

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tjclar86