4x4 Posi-Lok Cable Activated Front Differential Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought the same thing, but I've had a fee folks with the same kit saying they don't have the flashing issue.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Sounds like you got the knock off version of the posi lok. I read about this before I ordered mine. I made sure I was getting the real deal.

You are correct. I didnt even realize that I ordered the knock off until you posted this a few months ago...

So I just got finished installing the Posi-Lok in my truck. After my knob came off the USA Alloy it was all down hill. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THAT GARBAGE!!! Spend the few more dollars and get the better quality Posi-Lok!

dans

Reaction score
I have this on m 90 z71.The 4x4 light doesnt come on anymore after I installed a new transmission.Any ideas? It used to come on with the posi lock before.Maybe I damaged the ball sensor during install?

03 shaker

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but maybe someone will answer my question without having to start a new thread.

I installed the posi lok kit after my actuator crapped out. After I installed it, now it seems like I have a front end noise, similar to a wheel bearing starting to go. Definitely wasn't there before the posi lok. Has anyone else experienced this? I think I have it adjusted correctly, it engages and disengages the front end like it should. I've driven it about 500 miles since the install. Thoughts?