4x4 Manual floor stick to push button?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
you need to have the trans in neutral and not moving before shifting, if you are not doing that than all cases will grind going into 4lo

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I don't have a 4x4 but my dad had one witha floor shift and I would rather have a push button. They are easier to engage.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked for a long time for a 95. 90% of the reason why is i like the newer interior better but i wanted a floor shift transfer. I have had push botton, its ok for winter snow and what not. but if you do any playing where you need 4x4 i rather have floor shift.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dunno, 200K+ miles on my truck with push button 4wd. I live in teh north east where 4wd gets used regularly in the winter and I have never had a issue with my electronic t-case.

That said, i would prefer the floor shifter, simply less to go wrong.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
A common issue with floor shifters is the grinding from N -> 4 LO because you're not fast enough. Mine always grinds a little and I figure if I got push button, no grinds and it's much simpler to engage 4wd. Things may go wrong but I still like the button more than floor stick, I have the money to fix anything that goes wrong along the way..

Haha! I would suggest reading your owners manual on how to shift the transfer case. You need to be stopped and the transmission needs to be in N to shift into 4LO. Even with the push button cases.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I looked for a long time for a 95. 90% of the reason why is i like the newer interior better but i wanted a floor shift transfer. I have had push botton, its ok for winter snow and what not. but if you do any playing where you need 4x4 i rather have floor shift.

I've seen plenty of 96-98's with floor shift.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I've seen plenty of 96-98's with floor shift.

They get more and more scarce as the years go on. I've honestly only ever seen one fully loaded GMT400 98 with a manual transfer case, and that's mine.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you need to have the trans in neutral and not moving before shifting, if you are not doing that than all cases will grind going into 4lo

i have also found that stopped in neutral, foot off the brakes incase anything needs to move in the case to line up it can seemed to work best in my 88 atleast.