4x4 light on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A-2 ace

Reaction score
What's up guys, I just replaced my transfer case switch to my 88.. my light on the floor where the shifter is turns on but no light on the dash indicates 4x4 is on?

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's up guys, I just replaced my transfer case switch to my 88.. my light on the floor where the shifter is turns on but no light on the dash indicates 4x4 is on?
Mine never has. Not sure if it even has that function on trucks with floor shifter.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '88 doesnt have a dash light. The floor lever had 2 bulbs. One for backlight, one lights up when the axle position sensor is locked into 4x4. I suspect yours is that way also.
Same behavior in my floor shift 4x4 98

A-2 ace

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply back fellas, but if I'm being completely honest I can't remember if it had on on the dash... I do have a bulb that lights up on the floor shifter when 4x4 is engaged...

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you checked the owners operation booklet. It would say" when you do this, this happens and you will see this move, hop, skip, jump, or illuminate. I would check there easy first. Example: lady sez " i think my daytime headlights don't work" ( both not working? Hmm) Could i see your owners manual. Yeah see here they only illuminate in drive and headlight switch in off. And demonstrate to her skepticism. Fixed magic. Good luck.

A-2 ace

Reaction score
I bought the truck used.. it didn't come with a owner's manual.. if it did I would have checked there first.. this truck is a new learning curve for me... I've slowly been putting time and effort into getting it %100.. the 4x4 hasn't been working for about a year or so now, I just recently got it functioning and wasn't sure if it had a dash light...

Gearhead1

Reaction score
If the indicator light works on the floor plate, everything's good. There is no dash indicator for four wheel drive.