4x4 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you're certain the problem is internal to the t-case?
Then get the exact case you have, reuse the switches, VSS, and floor lever. No need to rewire, or reinvent the wheel. It's a direct bolt-in.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Not possible. The positions are:
4x4 Lo
Neutral
2wd
4x4 Hi

So, if you pull back from 2wd to 4x4, a bump in the road will never send the t-case 2 notches forward, past 2wd to N.

You MUST have some other problem. Find and diagnose it.

So try this. Find the "spot" where the false shift can be recreated. Put it in 4x4, drive over the "bump" and see if it goes into 2wd.
That is not what he said. he said that it jumps into neutral from 2 hi.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is not what he said. he said that it jumps into neutral from 2 hi.

Which is why I wrote in the reply you yourself quoted, but must not have read:

"So try this. Find the "spot" where the false shift can be recreated. Put it in 4x4, drive over the "bump" and see if it goes into 2wd."

O.P. states his truck jumps up 1 gear.
If O.P. does what I suggested, his vehicle should "jump" up 1 gear, from 4x4 to 2wd. If he starts in 4x4, and does recreate the "jump" he thusly diagnosed bad body mounts. The body moves too far away from t-case, pulling the shifter lever...

If he is able to respond after re-test driving, my next suggestion is to ratchet strap the body down to the frame and retry the same test drive.

Last edited: