4x4 97 tahoe headers ? HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi i have been looking all over to find some headers but all i can find are ones for two wheel drive if any one has any links to headers they have used on this setup please post the link thanks

Geo's66

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use a set of shorties on a 4x4, much easier and still a improvement over stock.
Hello, any suggestions on whose shorties us 4x4 guys should use? I’d like to install headers as I’m replacing my exhaust system.

Thanks!!

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with the Summit Racing shorties. They are reboxed Pacesetters at a cheaper price. They are painted though, so I stripped mine and coated them with VHT primer and color coats then had them baked. They are $200 from Summit

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody have a axtual part number I bought a set from a guy and they would've fit a 2wd but hit my driveshaft and oil cooler

Well if you bought long tubes that’s the first issue, none are really made for 4x4 application without modification, hence the reason most 4wd guys run shorties.

upper_tanker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Exhaus...160420&hash=item1c5a4b47c6:g:dYoAAOxyqUpQ4rZM

I wanted stainless so it could be a one-and-done type of deal. They were definitely a pain in the ass. I took them to a welder to plug the emissions tube, but I did keep the EGR tube obviously. Also, I believe it was the drivers side O2 sensor bung had to be relocated because it was too close to the transfer case. Other than that, they're pretty heavy and they feel like they're decent quality. You'll have to redo the exhaust or find somebody who can do it for you, as your stock y-pipe won't just bolt up to these.

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the mid length stainless ebay ones that are listed as being for tbi only. Once you are committed to getting rid of the y pipe there’s no difference or reason they won’t fit. $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN454K3500

Reaction score
I got the mid length stainless ebay ones that are listed as being for tbi only. Once you are committed to getting rid of the y pipe there’s no difference or reason they won’t fit. $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you put these on?