4WD Switch Panel Dead, No 4WD Hi or Lo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I searched and thought that this thread would be helpful.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/push-button-4wd-help.11634/page-2

Apparently this truck has a transfer case control module (TCCM), but for the life of me I cannot find the ******* thing. I dropped the glove box door down and popped the passenger side kick panel and there's no sign of anything other than HVAC in there. I also tried pulling tcase codes by grounding pin 13 of the OBDII connector and when I turned the key on I got absolutely no sign of life. I really don't want to load the parts cannon but I'm running out of ideas on how to smartly troubleshoot this thing. At the moment I've had the fuses pulled for almost 30 minutes for 4WD and hoping I get something from the switch panel after the 5 key cycles to reset the TCCM.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Reset the TCCM and the panel is alive again. According to the link, that points toward the switch on the motor. I also had the switch panel off and tried inspecting it, but I imagine it's the expensive ass motor on the case.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't replace anything. I just reset the TCCM and it's back to life which points toward the encoder motor needing replaced. It's around $340 for a GM one, so I'll see how long these resets last before cracking open my wallet. Dorman can suck it.

dmhscorpion

Reaction score
I had this issue. i pulled the switch panel and re-flowed the solder on the panel. Some of the connections were cold soldered. The module is in the center of the dash, way up behind the radio. It sits in a bracket and is hard to access. Be prepared to lose some skin.

54vicky

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks scorpion at least you can read I had heard so many complaints about it but no word on its location again TY