4wd Hub Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 or 8 lugs? When I bought new 8-lug Timkens from Autozone in 2007 (It think), they came with studs. When I've looked them up on Rockauto they always say they don't. New studs are nice.

When I had to replace a hub last time, I didn't have a lot of spare $$$ so I bought a Advance Auto house brand.
8 lugs. The SP580302 and SP580303. I inspected the contents when I received them, to ensure I wasn't getting a used part. And that's when I noticed each box came with a bag of 8 new wheel studs. I wrapped each wheel stud by itself so the threads don't get messed up, hence a pic of only 1 stud, otherwise I have to unwrap the other 7, but I'm eating dinner, so just grabbed a pic of one. But, yup, 8 new wheel studs per hub.

You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the factory screwed up and gave me freebies? Wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen I'm sure.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 lugs.

8 lugs. The SP580302 and SP580303. I inspected the contents when I received them, to ensure I wasn't getting a used part. And that's when I noticed each box came with a bag of 8 new wheel studs. I wrapped each wheel stud by itself so the threads don't get messed up. But, yup, 8 new wheel studs per hub.

Well that’s the truth then! I guess RockAuto doesn’t know what they have. My NOS Timken came with studs installed.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the factory screwed up and gave me freebies? Wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen I'm sure.
What do the bearings say? Made in USA? Wouldn’t be surprised if new Timken had KOYO bearings since KOYO bought Timken. That’s not a bad thing either.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spoke with a Rep a Richmond Gear awhile back and he told me that products they sell with Timken bearings sometimes have KOYO bearings since they bought Timken.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do the bearings say? Made in USA? Wouldn’t be surprised if new Timken had KOYO bearings since KOYO bought Timken. That’s not a bad thing either.
Made in USA.