4Wd Fuse Blowing, Tried Every Fix I Know

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheetahranger

Reaction score
Hello, on my 1993 K1500 the 4wd fuse will not stop blowing. I've read every post I could find on here and other websites, and nothing will do the trick. I was hoping that someone would have a fix before I spend another $150 on a Posi-Lok after spending $150 on a new electric actuator and t-case switch. So, I know the actuator is not the issue. I've replaced it and when the fuse doesn't blow it works perfectly. I traced all the wires from the actuator to the transfer case. The brown one, the blue one, the purple one, all the ones. The only thing I haven't replaced is the front axle solenoid switch, so if that's all that's left if one of you fine gentleman could send me a part # that would be great :). I also traced black and white wires from the indicator lamp to the convenience center, then the pink wire from convenience center to 4WD Fuse. What's so weird is that the fuse only blows sometimes, but then a have to put a new one in to disengage the front axle if it does. Sometimes it blows a few minutes after it is engaged, sometimes instantly. I've just ran out of things to check. Thanks for any help!