4wd ball joint adapter kit

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by floater, Oct 2, 2020.

1. floater

floater Newbie

I'm in the process of getting everything i need to replace my front end on my 1998 K2500. I'm getting new bearing and hubs, rotors and pads, upper and lower ball joints and tie rods inner and outer as well as the upper control arm bushings. I'd like to know what kit number that ball joint adapter is? I've been looking at the amazon stuff and the comments sections complain about the kit is good for removing but lacks the right sockets for installation. Can anyone point me at the right kit? Thanks

Big King Crab likes this.
  2. floater

floater Newbie

Ok I found it. Removal is OTC part numbers 222306 and 305227. Install is OTC parts 29504, 39976 and 305228.

3. Vikingdude

Vikingdude Newbie

That's the same OTC kit I purchased, so I hope that's everything we need.

4. Big King Crab

Big King Crab Newbie

Curious if you finished the front end rebuild with all parts mentioned previously.

I have a 98 K2500 4wd that is needing a front end rebuild.

Obviously it would be a major improvement to our older high mileage trucks.

I'd like to know how much of a difference in driveability improvement there is/ was?

Whether or not you upgraded to any aftermarket parts that improve upon the OEM design.

Thanks in advance.

5. smdk2500

smdk2500 I'm Awesome

When I did my 2500 6ish months ago I didn't really have much of a change. I did the exact same replacements as OP. When I did my lowers I didn't just a press to push the old ball joints out. I just used a BFH. 2 good solid hits and the joint was laying on the floor. You will need the press to put the joint back in unless you have the bolt in joints. If you have the bolt in lowers no press is needed.