4wd ball joint adapter kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floater

Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting everything i need to replace my front end on my 1998 K2500. I'm getting new bearing and hubs, rotors and pads, upper and lower ball joints and tie rods inner and outer as well as the upper control arm bushings. I'd like to know what kit number that ball joint adapter is? I've been looking at the amazon stuff and the comments sections complain about the kit is good for removing but lacks the right sockets for installation. Can anyone point me at the right kit? Thanks

floater

Reaction score
Ok I found it. Removal is OTC part numbers 222306 and 305227. Install is OTC parts 29504, 39976 and 305228.

Big King Crab

Reaction score
Curious if you finished the front end rebuild with all parts mentioned previously.

I have a 98 K2500 4wd that is needing a front end rebuild.

Obviously it would be a major improvement to our older high mileage trucks.

I'd like to know how much of a difference in driveability improvement there is/ was?

Whether or not you upgraded to any aftermarket parts that improve upon the OEM design.

Thanks in advance.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I did my 2500 6ish months ago I didn't really have much of a change. I did the exact same replacements as OP. When I did my lowers I didn't just a press to push the old ball joints out. I just used a BFH. 2 good solid hits and the joint was laying on the floor. You will need the press to put the joint back in unless you have the bolt in joints. If you have the bolt in lowers no press is needed.