4L80E w/ Transmission Drum E-brake Leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcwren

Reaction score
I am at least happy to report that replacing the rear seal and/or cleaning up the corrosion on the yoke has so far appeared to fix it spewing ATF everywhere. Now to fix the remaining dozen issues... Leaking oil pressure sender (that's a whole 'nother thread), knock sensor(s), O2 sensors, driver's door hinge bushings, fix the complete hack job trailer wiring, fuel gauge not working, PRND321 indicator only lights in P, find the exhaust leak... And the latest, found a problem in the steering flex joint.

And still need a parking brake bracket or good pictures of one, so I can park somewhere other than on a level surface :)

Last edited:

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And still need a parking brake bracket or good pictures of one, so I can park somewhere other than on a level surface :)

Is your truck loaded to max capacity? I saw previous mention of the parking pawl, is yours not working?

I dont haul a lot of weight yet but just parking my empty truck doesnt require use of the p-brake. when I finally get it set up for trailering then I'll use it.

ETA: I'll get the pics today

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's proved to be difficult getting good pics while laying under the truck.. crossmember, poor lighting......

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 5

jcwren

Reaction score
I think these are good enough that I see what I need to do. Probably get some 3/16" plate, cut out a bracket, and weld a tab with a gusset on it. According to the FSM, the brake tension is set to 50 pounds of tension, and 3/16" plate will have no trouble with that. All I need to do now is roll under the truck and measure the spacing between bolt holes.

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to take these pictures. I really appreciate it!

Last edited: