4l80e swap oil lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sal09

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doing a 4l80e swap on my 96c1500. I got newer transmission from an 03 and the oil lines and they are different, they’re more spread out. Do I need lines from the newer truck as well or will the others work??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a hard time finding factory lines that looked like they would work when I was researching the 4L80E swap in my '97 C1500. Most of the 4L80E GMT400 applications were in 2500s or larger so I was concerned that the lines might not fit a C1500, and some of them looked to be discontinued at the time anyway. I ended up going with flexible lines and AN fittings. Sorry I'm no help with the factory stuff but if you decide to go AN I can provide some input there.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you buy some tubing, and bend/flare your own? Easy enough to splice into the existing tube with compression unions (easy) or double-flare unions (better, more secure).

Using hose when tubing will work is crazy. Hose has a shorter service life, usually weighs more, is more easily damaged, and is WAY more expensive than double-wall seamless steel tubing.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Braided hose looks cooler though. :lol:

For me it was mainly a research thing. There's a ton of info out there about using AN hose and fittings. I felt like that was the easier option. I could be wrong though.

sal09

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Braided hose looks cooler though. :lol:

For me it was mainly a research thing. There's a ton of info out there about using AN hose and fittings. I felt like that was the easier option. I could be wrong though.

Do you have the sizes on what you used, or any special fittings you used? Like any 90s?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have the sizes on what you used, or any special fittings you used? Like any 90s?

Sure, I have a whole parts list of what I used for my 4L80E swap. Five posts down on page five of my swap thread, here's a link. As far as hose ends it was almost all 90s, I only used one straight end.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/97-c1500-4l60e-to-4l80e-swap.38819/page-5

The only thing that isn't in that list is the part number for the Vibrant Performance adapters that I used for the radiator cooler fittings. I added it later in the thread, it's 16436.