4l80e swap from a 4L60e PCM??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the power chart of a Vortec head 350 with the 395' marine cam and the marine crossram intake with cast shorty header style manifolds and cats. My old 350 had a bit more with the tri-ys and slight work on the vortecs along with 1.7 rockers. It was making good torque down lower in the rpm range and still wanted a little rpm from the gearing to push a heavy brick into the wind. You can beat the rod bearings out of it trying to lug it down to 1,500 and have nothing to show for it in gains of economy or shoot for slightly more rpm and have 2x the power to climb hills at the same mileage. Using the marine 350 as an example, at 1,500 rpm there is 100 hp available and at 2,000 rpm there is 150. 500 rpm gains 50% more power. Another 500 rpm gains 50 more hp. To take advantage of lean cruise you want to be well past peak EGT to avoid heat and pinging and the only way to have enough power to maintain speed in lean cruise is to have enough rpm that the engine is under very light load.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is an internally stock LQ4 6.0L with a 4L80E, a 4.10 gear and 28" tall tires in a 71 Chevelle. It knocks on 30 mpg on 87 octane cruising 70-75 mpg in lean cruise. The engine is DBW, it idles at 12-13% TPS and cruises down the road about 25% or about double the idle throttle opening.

racprops

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after some 30 years of talking about all my ideas and Plans NOW I get real feed back...

Everything checks out BUT internal drag, engine, transmission, second transmission, rear end, rolling restriction, and last wind.

Thanks for the tip about pounding the bearings out at low RPMS I will NOW go for a higher pressure oil pump.

SO what is the program your running just above and also on the engine DYNO Sim??

Does that run on a OBDI system?

Rich