4L80E problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_chevy

Reaction score
The transmission fuse is called prndl.... #20 on my sierra. Pull it and the tranny goes into limp mode.... it may just get you home if you blow your tranny and loose some gears.
You must be registered for see images attach
I’ll check that tomorrow don’t remember seeing a fuse like that before

94_chevy

Reaction score
The transmission fuse is called prndl.... #20 on my sierra. Pull it and the tranny goes into limp mode.... it may just get you home if you blow your tranny and loose some gears.
You must be registered for see images attach
So check it (labeled transmission) it’s not blown

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
It makes way more sense to call it "transmission." Lol. But it still could be something along those lines with the same wire... I'm assuming alot of thing are the same with wiring from 4l60e to 4l80e... so Pin E should be the same. Pin E on the big round plug at the tranny is the only positive feed, comes from ignition to fuse then to tranny. It should read the exact same voltage as the battery. Stick an appropriate sized drill bit inside for testing. Pin E is also a pink wire.

Al

94_chevy

Reaction score
It makes way more sense to call it "transmission." Lol. But it still could be something along those lines with the same wire... I'm assuming alot of thing are the same with wiring from 4l60e to 4l80e... so Pin E should be the same. Pin E on the big round plug at the tranny is the only positive feed, comes from ignition to fuse then to tranny. It should read the exact same voltage as the battery. Stick an appropriate sized drill bit inside for testing. Pin E is also a pink wire.

Al
Well do I’ll check that out tomorrow thanks you

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I swapped over everything from the donor truck engine/transmission harnesses including the pcm

What year was the donor vehicle from? Did the tranny shift good then?

If it's a vortec and your SES light is on, I'd check for codes and that may give you a clue. Perhaps some sensor is not connected or a ground is missing.

94_chevy

Reaction score
What year was the donor vehicle from? Did the tranny shift good then?

If it's a vortec and your SES light is on, I'd check for codes and that may give you a clue. Perhaps some sensor is not connected or a ground is missing.
Donor truck was a 92 and everything was running fine on the donor truck. SES doesn’t light up at all so I’m gonna guess there’s a wire not connected for it

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That may be your problem. Its from a 92. Did 92 use the Little white box near the pcm to control the speedometer? I know the 94 does.

94_chevy

Reaction score
That may be your problem. Its from a 92. Did 92 use the Little white box near the pcm to control the speedometer? I know the 94 does.
Honestly don’t remember, i know what box you’re talking about but can’t remember if it had it or not