4l60e vette servo install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to price one at the local dealerahip... Guy said he never heard of a servo in the side of a transmission. Once he found it, he tried to correct me with the technical term that had servo in the name. Oh, and they want $80 for one.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeez, you can get a billet servo for that money. The "Corvette" servos can be had on eBay or Amazon for $10-$15.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jeez, you can get a billet servo for that money. The "Corvette" servos can be had on eBay or Amazon for $10-$15.
Thats what i know haha i kinda laughed at the guy and said ill price them somewhere else. I can get a whole new assembly for 60 on ebay.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys before getting the servo put on this Trans what's the deal with the center pin that one can have installed I heard it has to be adjusted or it can burn the bands has anyone ever gone or used the pin I'm talking about??

I don't want to mess up this Trans it has around 20 miles on it right now,

Reaction score
Ok guys before getting the servo put on this Trans what's the deal with the center pin that one can have installed I heard it has to be adjusted or it can burn the bands has anyone ever gone or used the pin I'm talking about??

I don't want to mess up this Trans it has around 20 miles on it right now,

Never heard of it. I wouldn't install this "pin". Stick to servos.

racnredneck

Reaction score
had it in my 92 c 1500 .. 355/ 700r4, felt good for a daily driver, by the way, I have the jumper harness that goes between the factory trans wiring and the 4 pin electrical connector in 700r4 that helps with shifts, has resistor in it.. I cant use it any more, any one interested in it? will sell it... taking offers. I have pay pal...

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys still undecided now like I wrote before I do have that B&M electronic shift helper but do you guys think I should take it off I really don't want to mess up my Trans that I bought rebuilt from O'Reilly's auto parts so I'm thinking I do have the better corvette Servo just the one to get a better second gear hit do you guys think that it might be a bit much??

Many years ago I installed a shift kit in a 1975 Firebird well it would hit hard only when I was in the gas pedal is this Servo I have going to be the same way or is it always going to hit hard even if driving slow in town like I said I'm really needing advice this rather new/rebuilt Trans wasn't cheap and being that my truck is a 1993 GMC I don't want to keep putting tons of money in the truck now don't get me wrong my baby still looks and runs like a champ in fact even with 202K miles that I have put on since new she's not using no oil?
Thanks! RJ

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok guys still undecided now like I wrote before I do have that B&M electronic shift helper but do you guys think I should take it off I really don't want to mess up my Trans that I bought rebuilt from O'Reilly's auto parts so I'm thinking I do have the better corvette Servo just the one to get a better second gear hit do you guys think that it might be a bit much??

Many years ago I installed a shift kit in a 1975 Firebird well it would hit hard only when I was in the gas pedal is this Servo I have going to be the same way or is it always going to hit hard even if driving slow in town like I said I'm really needing advice this rather new/rebuilt Trans wasn't cheap and being that my truck is a 1993 GMC I don't want to keep putting tons of money in the truck now don't get me wrong my baby still looks and runs like a champ in fact even with 202K miles that I have put on since new she's not using no oil?
Thanks! RJ

You must be registered for see images attach

Considering my recent experiences with 4L60Es... Personally I would leave everything as close to factory as possible and be very gentle with it.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Considering my recent experiences with 4L60Es... Personally I would leave everything as close to factory as possible and be very gentle with it.

I know what your talking about but I really don't like the second gear shift it's like I can't even feel it changing into second which has fooled me thinking oh no the Trans is slipping now on my B&M electronic dealy I just had to tap into one or two wires on the harness that's under the glove box but I can just leave it on stock mode and it's shifts super smooth but I leave mine on mode two which one can feel a little hit going into second gear I'm just praying it won't hurt the Trans by raising the line pressure.