4l60e vette servo install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, pretty common knowledge but never hurts to let people know. These trucks did not get them from the factory in any configuration from what I've seen, though. F-body Camaros and Firebirds got them as well as the Corvettes, I'm sure there are many others.

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have my ATSG manuals handy right now but they list about 5 different trans codes that got them. At least one was put in trucks, code KCD stamped on the pan rail passenger side. Will post the other codes if anyone is interested.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Vette servo on my truck but what gave me more of a snap is some B&M little box with wires that you connect to the computer it's super easier to install but it raises the line pressure ok and one can leave the setting on stock and one that is a tad more of bump to it or one can select the second setting to where it's harder to where it will give my truck a second gear scratch even with my posi unit and 3.73 gears in fact just the other day some truck that was besides me got after it from a red light well I got in it and when it hit second gear the back end chirped and went side ways my baby did good after it did that right by his open window he backed off hey I even had my A/C on.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Vette servo on my truck but what gave me more of a snap is some B&M little box with wires that you connect to the computer it's super easier to install but it raises the line pressure ok and one can leave the setting on stock and one that is a tad more of bump to it or one can select the second setting to where it's harder to where it will give my truck a second gear scratch even with my posi unit and 3.73 gears in fact just the other day some truck that was besides me got after it from a red light well I got in it and when it hit second gear the back end chirped and went side ways my baby did good after it did that right by his open window he backed off hey I even had my A/C on.

I hate to be that guy... But you'd be a lot better off with a real tune instead of that B&M box. Those things have caused nothing but problems for the few people I know who have used them in other vehicles. BBP and other companies can alter your shifts in any way you like, including removing torque management which makes a huge difference. No add-in box is going to do that properly.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate to be that guy... But you'd be a lot better off with a real tune instead of that B&M box. Those things have caused nothing but problems for the few people I know who have used them in other vehicles. BBP and other companies can alter your shifts in any way you like, including removing torque management which makes a huge difference. No add-in box is going to do that properly.

I have a 1993 F/S GMC truck I don't know of any torque management can even be done on my year of truck I do know when I had my torque converter changed out around six months ago I told the guy I wanted a little snap to it but I already had the vette servo on it so I really don't know what he did and when I picked up my truck from his shop I was pissed it took them two weeks to get to it but im happy with it meaning it has the snap I want to where it doesn't hit super hard.

What problems have you heard of it might messing up my trans?
Thanks! RJ

And yes I have heard of some shift kits out there for my year truck but like I wrote above I really don't want it hitting super hard now this guy that did the work rebuilds Transmissions for my little brother's speed shop in fact his truck has one of his Transmissions his last 1/4 mile run was a 7.9 I think it's dropped to a 7.8 the run was at Royal Purple race track in Baytown, Tx

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 1993 F/S GMC truck I don't know of any torque management can even be done on my year of truck I do know when I had my torque converter changed out around six months ago I told the guy I wanted a little snap to it but I already had the vette servo on it so I really don't know what he did and when I picked up my truck from his shop I was pissed it took them two weeks to get to it but im happy with it meaning it has the snap I want to where it doesn't hit super hard.

What problems have you heard of it might messing up my trans?
Thanks! RJ

And yes I have heard of some shift kits out there for my year truck but like I wrote above I really don't want it hitting super hard now this guy that did the work rebuilds Transmissions for my little brother's speed shop in fact his truck has one of his Transmissions his last 1/4 mile run was a 7.9 I think it's dropped to a 7.8 the run was at Royal Purple race track in Baytown, Tx

If you're happy with it then that's what matters. I've ridden in a few vehicles with those boxes and just wasn't a fan. Always feels like the trans is more prone to gear hunting, acts like it's confused. Didn't realize you had a 93, you'll have a little bit harder time finding someone to tune it properly in that case. They're out there, though.

Pretty sure you still have factory TM on the ECM, although I'm not too experienced with the TBI trucks.