4L60E Transmission Pan Broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."
I have no idea why.

But perhaps a moderator will move this thread out of "Engines" and into "Transmissions".

Jsiff

Reaction score
^^^ "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."
I have no idea why.

But perhaps a moderator will move this thread out of "Engines" and into "Transmissions".
Well, I got to see a glimpse of your comment. Also, I only selected 'engines' as I was doing this as preventative maintenance, and engines had more responses that transmission and I was looking for immediate response. The picture I posted, is not the pan. the pan was removed in that photo. the black thing is the old gasket, that i pulled back to take a picure. The transmission pan is fine, although I did order one with a drain plug and am awaiting that. I don't know what you call what has the slight chip in it. It's what mates to the gasket, on the pan. Is it called the case? All I know is i'm pretty sure it can't be removed without great work, and I am not that qualified.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I approved it, and moved the post to the transmission thread, as you can see. I have no control over what gets selected for the waiting for approval flag, but once it's there, as long as it looks ok, I will approve it when I see it. No one is on here 24-7-365, but I am in here may times a day, and do what I can to keep up with everything. Trust me, @df2x4 , and I look at everything, and do our best to keep things flowing smoothly. Help pointing out things is appreciated though. There are things that do get overlooked, from time to time.

Jsiff

Reaction score
Broke the PAN, or broke the transmission CASE? I can't tell from the blurry photo.

You said you "chipped the pan" but you're acting like it's the case that's damaged.

If the pan is bad...you bought a new pan. Problem solved.

If the case is broken...things get more complex.
The case, i suppose.

Jsiff

Reaction score
I approved it, and moved the post to the transmission thread, as you can see. I have no control over what gets selected for the waiting for approval flag, but once it's there, as long as it looks ok, I will approve it when I see it. No one is on here 24-7-365, but I am in here may times a day, and do what I can to keep up with everything. Trust me, @df2x4 , and I look at everything, and do our best to keep things flowing smoothly. Help pointing out things is appreciated though. There are things that do get overlooked, from time to time.
Apologies for the inconvenience. I was using the engine for the “maintenance” aspect, will post adequately next time.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apologies for the inconvenience. I was using the engine for the “maintenance” aspect, will post adequately next time.
It's no problem, at all.