4l60e to 4l80e conversion article from Four Wheeler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
The more write ups the better, yours may be easier for someone to comprehend or give someone a better point of view than another write up.

SEREOUS67

Reaction score
i have a chance at a 97 Tahoe 4wd. tranny is said to be going out. i wana make it a 2wd less probs and cheaper maint. is this an easy swap?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
anyone have a pinout to swap a 95 diesel 4l80e into a 93 gasser 4l60e truck and will a 93 4l60e calpack run it or does a new chip need be made?

my buddy does have a stand alone tci controller but if repinning can work he would rather save that for other projects

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the 95+ trannys were all electronic and could not be swapped with earlier units. I bet you can find a 94 4l80 trans for cheap though.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this thread is a few years old now but where does the 4L65E trans come in to play with these trucks and for those doing the LSX swap?

Blasphemy

Reaction score
I know this thread is a few years old now but where does the 4L65E trans come in to play with these trucks and for those doing the LSX swap?

I second that question. I keep researching on ls1truck getting ready for my 5.7 to 6.0 swap. I'm leaning towards the 4L80E more and more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SierraVortec

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im also curious on driveshaft changes as I am putting a lq9 and 4l80e in my 96 k1500 ecsb. Plan on using dirty dingo sliding mounts so the length can be accomadated but not positive..can anyone chime in?

Blasphemy

Reaction score
im also curious on driveshaft changes as I am putting a lq9 and 4l80e in my 96 k1500 ecsb. Plan on using dirty dingo sliding mounts so the length can be accomadated but not positive..can anyone chime in?

I'm in the middle of doing my LQ9 swap now with a 4L60E but I'll be swapping to the 80 later this year. I know for a fact that you have to have your stock driveshaft shortened or find one that's already short enough. And in addition you need to lengthen your front driveshaft slightly. It's all about measurements. Once you pick up the trans, you can measure all the dimensions to get a near perfect idea of how everything will fit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk