4l60e shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Childs

Reaction score
Anyone know what tells my 4l60e when to shift? I know the pcm does , but what determines when? Mine is a 95 k1500 5.7 tbi. It seems to shift into 4th and overdrive too soon and lugs the engine.

indexcow

Reaction score
Anyone know what tells my 4l60e when to shift? I know the pcm does , but what determines when? Mine is a 95 k1500 5.7 tbi. It seems to shift into 4th and overdrive too soon and lugs the engine.
Earlier models will use a TV cable. If yours doesn't have a TV cable your truck uses data from the TPS sensor and a few other to determine engine load and tells the transmission to shift according to what the computer thinks. If you are having weird behavior I would start by looking at your TPS, it is small and easy to get to. Remove it with a couple screws and make sure that the spring is still loaded. If you can get a OBD2 reader and take a look at your cam retard offset.