4L60E rebuild shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so pretty sure my 4L60E is in need of a rebiuld... sooo.. I'm in the Flatonia Texas area about 100 miles west of houston right on I-10. Any rebuild shops or someone that sells rebuilt 4L60E trans for a 4X4 that y'all trust to be good to deal with and have a good end product. Thank you.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most transmission shops have a lot of experience with the 4l60e. If you want a stock rebuild, look locally. If you want a performance upgrade, look around on the Google machine.

Or take the plunge and do it yourself.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most transmission shops have a lot of experience with the 4l60e. If you want a stock rebuild, look locally. If you want a performance upgrade, look around on the Google machine.

Or take the plunge and do it yourself.
I do not have a local shop I trust any more. The one I did didn't do trans rebuilds anyways.. i know how to look online and trust me I do and I even read the reviews.. And I have the ability to rebuild it but do not have the space or the time to do it myself.. I usually always do all my own work included past engine total rebuilds but no longer have a place to work in.. so I have the mechanical know how but no place to use it at...

Hence why I asked here for opinions on places that others trust.. i do not live on a big city with everything on every corner or this would be easy...

So if anyone has a constructive answer that can actual help answer my original question I would appreciate it... Thank you. .

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Breaux Bridge transmission, In Breaux Bridge Louisiana. Breaux is pronounced Bro. Breaux Bridge Trans. does a lot of high performance racing (1/4 mile drag strip stuff) They build stock also. There prices are very good. I don't know about shipping though. You would have to contact them. Breaux Bridge La. is about 6 hours or so from your local and is also on I 10. They will rebuild my next trany. I don't have a phone number though, you will have to Google it.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do not have a local shop I trust any more. The one I did didn't do trans rebuilds anyways.. i know how to look online and trust me I do and I even read the reviews.. And I have the ability to rebuild it but do not have the space or the time to do it myself.. I usually always do all my own work included past engine total rebuilds but no longer have a place to work in.. so I have the mechanical know how but no place to use it at...

Hence why I asked here for opinions on places that others trust.. i do not live on a big city with everything on every corner or this would be easy...

So if anyone has a constructive answer that can actual help answer my original question I would appreciate it... Thank you. .

Ha, ok man. You didn't state any of this in your original post. I was just giving you some common options. I do all my own work as well and am damn proud of it. Just trying to help since I have no idea who you are or what your level of experience is. I wasn't trying to be a jackass bud. Sorry for any inconvenience my small paragraph may have caused you.

Try Rhino transmissions. Rhino is a memeber on here and builds tons of 4l60e's. I recently bought a rebuild and upgrade parts for my 4l60e and I am in the process of finishing it up right now. He is a stand up guy, that's for sure. You can also send your trans to him. He is in MS. Not close I know, but your options seem limited. Hope that helps you more, now that I know alittle more about your situation.

Don't buy a monster transmission until you talk to Rhino. All the parts Monster markets in their transmissions are over priced. Monster trans seem to have a hit-or-miss reputation anyways.

Last edited: