4l60e not shifting into 2nd unless you let off gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nessiepark56

Reaction score
i've got a 1993 k1500, 15 years ago i replaced 3-4 clutch pack and accumulator which should have been a recall. No problems since. Last week i replaced the 1-2 accumulator piston with a sonnax pinless, and installed super hold servo 1-2 piston and separator. Still not shifting into second unless i let off gas. I did a pressure test today with the following results: 80psi in park and drive. 110 psi in reverse. 150psi in mannual 1-2, and 150psi at wot and at wot sounds like it is slipping. I realize with almost 289k on the almost 30 year old truck, I should be happy with the reliability it has given me. Just wondering if someone might have a magic wand [IDEA] of what bandaid I could put on it to keep it going? I know it needs to be rebuilt. I'm 70, and hope I got it in me to pull one more tranny. Thanks for any reply. Also tps and vss are good according to my test.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Connect scan tool, look at the data stream for the trans, and for the engine. Might be worth looking at the shift compensation--if the computer is working hard to sharpen the shifts, the trans may not be long for the world.

How old is the trans filter? I fixed a Trailblazer that wouldn't go into reverse when cold, by flushing the fluid and replacing the filter.