4L60E Messed up? Help Within

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The connector they are talking about is on the passenger side of the trans back from the servo (round thingy on side).

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Would like to add:

Speedo and RPM gauge read 0, loss of gear indicator lights, no 1st or overdrive,
Manual 2nd available, but starts in 3rd unless selected..
Will also have every transmission code in the book heh.
Check ignition switch. This is what my problem was.
If it's in here already, sweet, it not.. Sweet.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1994 Chevy K1500 350/4L60E.

The truck drives fine in R and OD. But if I manually put it into 1,2 or D, it has no forward movement. It started gradual, and got worse.

Any ideas?

skobuffs

Reaction score
Thanks this threads been a big help, always wondered about my delayed shifts into second, makes sense now...

Kingjames

Reaction score
my trans lost second completely and instantly but still worked perfectly other than that whats that sound like. i know nothing about transmissions other than replacing them.
Loosing 2nd is rare most likely 3rd goes first 1st shifts around 8-10 mph into 2nd 20-25 into 3rd

Kingjames

Reaction score
i have no OD or D and it wont automaticly shift out of first. how do i replace the foward sprag? i dont have a clue what it is or what it does lol.
That is not a job for someone with no experience u will end up with a pile of parts

Kingjames

Reaction score
i have a 01 4l60e third flares up before it shifts seems to do it more often if its cold .the tranny just had brand new clutched put in it i bought the tranny with a blown third gear supposely .the tranny i originally had in my truck did the same thing and also second shifted pretty firm .i swapped valve bodys between the two and still acted up.i think both have the same problem.any thoughts?thanks
If they just changed clutches without changing 3rd clutch that would explain it or there is excessive clutch clearance

Poncho72

Reaction score
SHIFTS TOO SOON, through all gears?

my recently rebuilt 94 SWBRC 350/4L60E shifts from 1-4th way to fast unless i am really accelerating. if i take off at a fairly slow pace it will shift out too fast. sometimes it hunts through the gears up and down unless i accelerate or let it coast. never slips and shifts fine under moderate acceleration. any ideas?

Last edited: