4L60E Input Shaft Difference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John P

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Chevy 4.3l V6 C1500 2wd extended cab pick up truck with a 4L60E (M30) transmission. I pulled the current transmission because it slipped horribly when accelerating and just bought a used GM Goodwrench rebuilt transmission with about 80k miles on it for $200, looking at both of them now the input shaft on the rebuilt one is different. They are both from a 1997 Chevy C1500 but my current one has about a 1 inch narrow extension on the end of the input shaft, the rebuilt one I just got has no extension. Can I use my old torque converter on this newer transmission it seems to fit just fine. They both are 2pc bellhousing, both have GMPT 4L60E Cases with M30 marked on both, just the newer rebuilt Trans has a metal tag (8SA D7). I am new to this site and would appreciate if someone could help me out

You must be registered for see images attach

Melvin Sheik

Reaction score
it may be the application used. v6 to v8? possible. both have lock up converters. it just how the piston is applied. find a transmission supply store along with the trans codes( on the tag rt or left side of case) and year used of each and they should be able to tell you the difference on converters used for each application. Hope this helps some.