4l60e compatibility question?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2doortahoe252

Reaction score
I have a 99 2 door Tahoe 2wd and the transmission is slipping 2 and goes into 3rd at about 3k rpm. My question is can i use a known good 4l60e out of a 96 caprice lt1 obd2 car ? Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I would think as long as the connector is the same, that the transmission will operate the same. If the connector is different you can re-pin wires and do some research, but even that can be made to work. I swapped a 4L80e into my truck, which came with a 4L60e stock. Different style connector, and some of the wires had to be re-pinned at the PCM.

Maybe not the definitive answer you are looking for, but hopefully it helps. Like I said, I would assume that if the wires and connectors are the same between your truck and the transmission you are trying to use, it should work.

2doortahoe252

Reaction score
Okay thanks I'll count the pins on mine. That should be fun! The 96 is out of the car so that's no problem thanks again!