4L60e Case/ Valvebody Interchange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John P

Reaction score
I have a '99 4l60e Transmission with a broken case around the Servo snap ring area causing a leak , I swapped everything over to a 2002 4L60e Case. My question is, the Valvebody is stamped 98, now the new case is a 2002, what Valve body gaskets do I use, xx-99 or 2000-up gaskets?

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use the gasket for the valvebody you have, if you swapped everything over.

2002 May have an LS style bellhousing however, it's a little longer than the gen1/2 style. You can swap a gen 1/2 trans onto an LS motor with a little spacer, but not the other way around AFAIK. Unless your trans is from a van or something that had a small block

John P

Reaction score
Perfect, Thank you. With the difference in years of the Case and VB, I wasn't sure what VB gaskets to use, I assume the gasket set matches the VB year and not the Case year? Not sure what side changed from 2000-on.

jeff1953

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for you, 98 4l60e only had 1st and 2nd so we got a tranny before install we put in a shift kit and a corvette servo and it does nothing what should I check first