4l60 to nv4500 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HopHead357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if you figured this out yet, but for my swap in my OBS 1999 I did not have to move the cross member at all and the NV4500 used the same mounting location and even the same mount as the 4L60E. I'd imagine it's the same on your 1995.

Wozny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if you figured this out yet, but for my swap in my OBS 1999 I did not have to move the cross member at all and the NV4500 used the same mounting location and even the same mount as the 4L60E. I'd imagine it's the same on your 1995.
What is a OBS? I have a 92 2500 4x4 that is in a transmission shop that took out the automatic and rebuilt the Nv4500 I gave them. They said they almost had the 5 speed in when they realized they needed to weld a shelf type addition to the crossmember. That was 3 weeks ago and I’m about to take it as it is. The head mechanic and owner said he had a 99 2500 Chevy that had the shelf welded in for that same conversion and that he needed to get measurements from it to weld my crossmember for my conversion. I’d like to get all the info I need on this.
It has a TBI engine but don’t know what OBS stands for

Wozny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi I am staring to plane and buy parts for manual swapping my 95 Chevy and I'm wondering the difference between a 4l60 and nv4500 in length. And if I would need to move the crosmember for the trans mount.
Thank you
Is your crossmember bolted in or riveted? Or welded in? Thanks

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is a OBS?
It means old body style. It was a term that was used when the gmt800 body style came out in 99. You could still get the gmt400 platform in 99 and 2000. It was used to distinguish between the 2 body styles in the last couple years of gmt400 production. Why people still use it is beyond me. I think it causes more confusion then anything nowadays.