4L60 slipping when engine is warmed up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Channeled 91

Manic Mechanic
Reaction score
The 4L60 in my sled is slipping when engine is warmed up. It works fine for a short while, but after she has warmed up, she slips real bad. I pull over let her sit for couple minutes and she will move again, but not for a great distance.She will start slipping really bad shortly after I start driving her again.
Anyone have any thoughts as to what my problem is? Thanks...

Channeled 91

Manic Mechanic
Reaction score
I fixed the leak. It was missing a sleeve. I only drove her once before the leak down. You could be bight... I don't know.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then most likely your fluid pump is burned up. I have a '69 Cadillac sitting for the same reason. Runs great and pulls hard for about a mile. Then it starts slipping...

Channeled 91

Manic Mechanic
Reaction score
Then most likely your fluid pump is burned up. I have a '69 Cadillac sitting for the same reason. Runs great and pulls hard for about a mile. Then it starts slipping...

thats some of the answers I am getting.The truck now makes a whining sound now when she goes into any gear.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Channeled 91

Manic Mechanic
Reaction score
Exact same whine mine had. Changed the filter, was starving for fluid. Do it now. I waited not for sure what it was. Just finished a complete rebuild.

It all started when I changed the filter and fluid. I started the truck today and shifted through the gears,and there was mo whine. I am leery of driving her out.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the filter in WCJr because it's slipping after it gets warm. I'm going to get some fluid for it this afternoon and hopefully test drive it. Really hoping we all have success.

If not, do we have a transmission build-off? I've already priced out the rebuild kit with clutches and bands and a Corvette servo - about $220.