4l60 shift points.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doughnuts

Reaction score
Hey everybody .

I have a 1991 c1500 with a 4l60
(I believe 91 was the year they changed the name from 700r4?)

Anyway I'm planning on doing an engine swap in the future, depending on the wallet I suppose, but I was curious about the shift points on the transmission. I recently had it rebuilt and it runs much better than it used to. However it seems the shift points are super low at WOT. First to second seem to be in the 3700 rpm range with the rest being in the 4100 rpm range .

I'm curious to see how one would go about bumping that up a bit. From my limited Knowledge it would seem that I would have to replace it's governor? I believe that the tv cable is pretty much adjusted a perfectly as humanly possible. I'm not too familiar with this sorta thing but wouldn't mind crawling under there for a bit if I could get a few more rpm out of it. I believe that peak power is around the 4400 rpm range, not that im going to be flying with the stock motor, but it might waken it up a bit .

It's currently a stock tbi 350 with 3.42 gears behind it .

Thanks!

Stokes1114

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes get a governor for a Corvette 700r4/4l60. Same trans. That will most likely put your shift right where you want them.