454ss axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ds454ss

Reaction score
On my 1990 454ss I believe I have a bent axle which has a 5x5 lug 14 bolt rear end. I went to try and find one to replace it but cant seem to find the right one. the only thing that comes up is the 8.5 ring gear and i have the 9.5 i believe. Does anyone know where to find one?

Crytone

Reaction score
Many companies out there will make custom axles for any application. Look into Dutchman Axles, Moser Engineering or Strange Engineering (among many others). I haven't used any of these (yet) myself so I can't comment on which is best.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 1990 454ss I believe I have a bent axle which has a 5x5 lug 14 bolt rear end. I went to try and find one to replace it but cant seem to find the right one. the only thing that comes up is the 8.5 ring gear and i have the 9.5 i believe. Does anyone know where to find one?
You have the 9.5" semi-floating 14 bolt. Be sure wherever you source the axle that they understand it's a 2WD; the 4WD version of the same axle is longer.

Richard