454 vortec plugwires w/ CA short-tube headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg36

Reaction score
My 454 Vortec has C.A. legal short-tube elderbrock headers and there is not enough room to clear the big long boots on the original plug wires they have to curve in this leaning on the headers and getting burned up even with fiberglass sleeves I'm trying to find a good set wires that are 45 degrees on the spark plug side and straights going into the distributor cap does anybody know of a good set I can run. The vortec has the crab style distributor cap where the terminals come out horizontal with straight boots.
Ive been to all the parts houses, summit racing doesn’t have any. And the one you make from like accel and the other company don’t have anything for straights on the dist cap.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't you just buy some 45 degree boots and replace the ones causing problems? That's what my mechanic did to clear the shorties on my V6 truck.

Greg36

Reaction score
The ones you attached from Summit racing or for a different distributor. I will look into see if I can put 45 on my old plug for now thank you guys for the response