454 Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Any clue as to where I could find this somewhere else? Summit says it's not available;

Not a clue on that 85mm, but anything that bolts to a 3 bolt LS1 will bolt up to a 454. Ironically they pull from the same direction so are directly compatible. Tons of Chinese 90mm out there. Again, probably no WOT gains but the truck holds OD better this way with more airflow at lower throttle angles. The 85mm still isn't as responsive on the 454 as my lipless TB is on the 350.

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My new throttle showed up. It's still sitting in the box, so as far as a report on any performance is yet to happen. Looking at it side by side to a 350 throttle shows a big difference and makes me really happy I didn't mess up and try and bolt what I already had to the new big block.

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my truck finished up yesterday and I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. There has been such a huge difference having a fresh 454 in place of the old tired 350 that I can’t really report on the factory throttle body I purchased, but it seems to really kick ass.

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what I need and can’t wait. There’s a guy local where I am that’s known for his tunes. I went today to see him, he plugged it up quick and looked things over. He told be to come back when I get a chance to do the full tune, he said get ready for my truck to really open up. I’m stoked. Gotta get the exhaust redone, then it’s on.