454 stalls at 800-1000 rpm after letting off throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olered95

Reaction score
Hello,
I’ve got 95 k2500 pickup with the 454 tbi and 4l80 transmission.
Cold weather hit pretty hard this week with snow added to the mix. Truck absolutely hated the cold start but once it was warmed up to operating temps it idled fine so I headed down the road as usual.
I had weird experience after I had to lock it in to 4x4. It felt like the truck was losing power and it hesitated getting up to speed and it was cutting in an out. I let it off throttle easy to slow down for an intersection and the RpMs got down to around 800 and 1000 and the truck stalled. Fired it up again and the same issues all the way to work, and truck had stalled twice more.
To be honest, I’m not even sure where to begin on trouble shooting this, as I’m definitely a newbie to these trucks and how to work and trouble shoot them.
Within the past months I have had the truck it’s had some parts replaced
Brand new battery and alternator
Plugs/wires
Distributor cap and rotor
MAP sensor
Was told by the person I bought the truck from that a new fuel pump was installed in 2020, as well as a new fuel tank
Thank you for your time reading this any advice is greatly appreciated