454 SS for sale. $13,900

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I look at this guys sight almost everyday. Anybody looking for a 454 SS take a look at this. $13,900, in Tenn. They will ship it to you. Truck has under 140,000 miles, and looks mint. Here are the videos. This is not my truck so contact Maple Motors.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't watched the video and I hate to be "that guy" but $14K is a lot for a 1990 454SS with 140K miles! 1990 is largest production number of them by far and has the TH400 instead of 4L80E. Also moonie gauge cluster. Much rather have a 1991.. or even better, 1992-1993.

You wanna spend big money on a 90 454SS, there's one on CL for $18K but it only has 52K miles total, 4.5K of those on the engine work including a Whipple supercharger. :) and they swapped in a 91 SS cluster. https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/grinnell-1990-chevrolet-silverado-454/6984019066.html

Richard

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haven't watched the video and I hate to be "that guy" but $14K is a lot for a 1990 454SS with 140K miles! 1990 is largest production number of them by far and has the TH400 instead of 4L80E. Also moonie gauge cluster. Much rather have a 1991.. or even better, 1992-1993.

You wanna spend big money on a 90 454SS, there's one on CL for $18K but it only has 52K miles total, 4.5K of those on the engine work including a Whipple supercharger. :) and they swapped in a 91 SS cluster. https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/grinnell-1990-chevrolet-silverado-454/6984019066.html

Richard
Availability drives the price, no doubt. Where I live, you almost never see a SS 454, so when they do come up, people want an arm and a leg. Last one I saw, was $21,000. Not sure what year, I didnt even stop to look at that price. Where I live, the truck I posted, would bring $17,000 or $18,000. They are very rear here. DFW metro 6.8 million, where I live 480,000 metro. Big difference.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to buy one, spend a bunch of money, and Ls swap it into an $8k truck. lol

I see them go for that around here, and you seldom see one.

Last edited:

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kenny - the truck I posted is in LA...

I was looking at prices on them a while back when my brother picked up a project 90 cheap. I found quite a few reasonably priced...some really low mile examples crazy high, and some average ones also crazy high. ;)

Richard

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kenny - the truck I posted is in LA...

I was looking at prices on them a while back when my brother picked up a project 90 cheap. I found quite a few reasonably priced...some really low mile examples crazy high, and some average ones also crazy high. ;)

Richard
The truck you posted is in Iowa (IA.) not Louisiana (LA.) But hey, we all make mistakes. I dont see 1 single SS Silverado of any year listed any where in Louisiana, on CL anyway. Not that I would but one anyway. Just like I said, they are rear here. Hell there are only 4.6 Million people in our whole state. DFW alone still has more people than the whole state of Louisiana combined.

Last edited:

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The truck you posted is in Iowa (IA.) not Louisiana (LA.) But hey, we all make mistakes. I dont see 1 single SS Silverado of any year listed any where in Louisiana, on CL anyway. Not that I would but one anyway. Just like I said, they are rear here. Hell there are only 4.6 Million people in our whole state. DFW alone still has more people than the whole state of Louisiana combined.
So it is, so it is! That's what I get for looking at the web on my tiny phone screen instead of my PC. I figured it was on DFW CL, so it had to be somewhat nearby.. man that Iowa dude is reaching out! LOL

The SS's come and go, trust me, I've seen a bunch on CL here in TX which is coincidentally next door to ya in LA. ;)

Richard

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The SS's come and go, trust me, I've seen a bunch on CL here in TX which is coincidentally next door to ya in LA. ;)
Yea, your rite. Houston is only 4 hours away. I look in there CL as well as yalls from time to time. Since I am an old man (60) I dont do FB, CL is what I look at, along with a few classic muscle car sights. Its all a pipe dream I guess. I really dont want to spend a bunch of money rite now. After leaving the offshore oil well drilling gig, I only make about 60 % of what I did out there. But hey I dont have to go to work on Christmas day any more, and I am home every night. Also working 6:30 AM to 4:30 PM Mon- Fri, I dont have the time to put into a project.