454 ss exhaust system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone aware of an exhaust system for 1991-1993 454 ss? It's a true dual exhaust.
Cat back system would be fine.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Factory spec is a y-pipe, single giant restrictive converter, single pipe into the muffler, then dual tail pipes.
Nobody is spending money on R&D for a rare, highly specialized 32 year old truck, and almost no catalog is publishing one either. Only modern/new trucks get that publicity.

If you want something besides OE replacement, its gonna be custom made. Or you could call Summit or Jegs.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1990 had y-pipe with single converter
1991-93 had true dual exhaust

@Nad_Yvalhosert you are correct that if there ever was a bolt on exhaust kit its probably not being made anymore. Custom exhaust is your best option now.
A detail I was unaware of, on differences of 90 vs. 91-93. Where's the O2 sensor on that setup, btw?

Richard

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 91' the ss went to true dual exhaust and to a 4L80e.
Yeah, I'm painfully aware of the difficulty in finding aftermarket parts. Just looking for someone that's aware of something obscure.
There's information out there, and some parts, it's a matter of the info disappearing from the interwebs.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In 91' the ss went to true dual exhaust and to a 4L80e.
Yeah, I'm painfully aware of the difficulty in finding aftermarket parts. Just looking for someone that's aware of something obscure.
There's information out there, and some parts, it's a matter of the info disappearing from the interwebs.
Never know what you might run across. A few years ago I scored an NOS Corsa catback for the Silvy SS. Still in the dusty old GM-labeled box; it was an authorized accessory offered through the dealers. Guy bought it and never installed. It sounds way better on my truck than the Magnaflow I removed..

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the GM part numbers in case it helps track down something. C107 chassis with the L19, seems like it would be for the 454SS.

Reaction score
Any catback system for a 5.7 truck will work. I currently have an old Edelbrock system on mine.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never know what you might run across. A few years ago I scored an NOS Corsa catback for the Silvy SS. Still in the dusty old GM-labeled box; it was an authorized accessory offered through the dealers. Guy bought it and never installed. It sounds way better on my truck than the Magnaflow I removed..

Richard
I've got that exhaust on my Denali. Didn't know it was an authorized accessory. Sounds really good imo.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Any catback system for a 5.7 truck will work. I currently have an old Edelbrock system on mine.
No it won't. Pipe diameter is different, 2.25-2.5" for the 5.0/5.7L trucks and 2.75" for the 7.4L and 6.5 Diesel. It may not seem like much, but it will effect performance.