411 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt behrman

Reaction score
Can someone plz help. Ive recently installed a L29 454 out of a 96 suburban in a 92 sliverado. The motor orginally had a auto transmission behind it but i kept with the 5 speed manual that was in the 92. I striped the L29 harness down to a standalone for the engine and orginally i was going to use the black box pcm. The motor would fire up with starting fluid. The ignition system would work but the injectors wont fire. So i scratch that idea and after reading up on a 411 pcm it sounded easy and overall better. So i pulled a 411pcm out of a 2001 blazer v6 had it programmed by hp turners of a base tune of a chevy express van. Got the pinout from lextech did it to the T and triple checked everything and it wont start doesnt have spark either what happen.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you know if your tuner deleted VATS? I'm pretty sure that if you're going to run it without an automatic you need to swap in the transmission segments from a manual tune. Can you get a copy of your tune file?

Matt behrman

Reaction score
Yes brand new fuel pump and as far as i know the guy who tuned it said he deleted the VATs and switched it to a manual transmission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you’ve verified that you have actual pressure at the injector test port I would then start testing for power at the injector harness.

Matt behrman

Reaction score
I did that with the black box had power to injectors just wouldn't send ground to injectors to fire by the pcm. But now with the new tuned 411pcm im not even getting spark out of the coil