40-20-40 Bucket seat repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bloodwater79

Reaction score
I'm having a little issue with repairing my interior. at first I thought the 40-20-40 high back were custom, but I have ran across several trucks now that have the same exact seats and upholstery. I'll post a pic later this after noon, but my issue is the driver seat upholstery is toast, ripped and a chunk of the foam missing, but it looks like all of the extra plush padding is sown into the upholstery covers for the seat and the main bucket is not actually damaged.

was this an option for these trucks? I have seen this same seat setup in 92's -94's mostly in the reg cab shortbed k1500 and c1500 all 5 I have seen were all in the blueish green color pickups and were the same light grey leather/pleather type material with either GMC stitched in the head rest or the Bowtie

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We need pics to help you. The fabric is glued to the coushion on all OE seats in these trucks. It makes it harder to recover the seats. No auto upholstery shop any where around where I live, will touch these seats, and the junk yards do not have a good drivers seat. I got lucky and found a set of tahoe bucket seats at a swap meet last month. Its an issue to find a good set of OE seats for our trucks.