4 Hi Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slime

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question for the masses. I did this mod with an aftermarket harness and it worked great. The truck has been parked for a couple months but yesterday we had a stork roll through. At some point, my headlights came on! WTF? When out and pulled the relay but my battery was too weak to start the truck. Charing my battery now to see what's up...suggestions?

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the stork came to your house you have bigger worries than a dead battery!

If there was a lightning strike close by, you might have had relay close due to static electricity.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Question for the masses. I did this mod with an aftermarket harness and it worked great. The truck has been parked for a couple months but yesterday we had a stork roll through. At some point, my headlights came on! WTF? When out and pulled the relay but my battery was too weak to start the truck. Charing my battery now to see what's up...suggestions?
If the relay got wet, this might cause it to short. Also you need to check if the trigger wire is hot. Is it getting power from somewhere else? As for the stork, well all I can say is be glad. It can always be worse, or you could end like me. My son passed away 2 1/2 years ago, and I will never have Grandchildren. Like I said, it can always be worse.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
If the relay got wet, this might cause it to short. Also you need to check if the trigger wire is hot. Is it getting power from somewhere else? As for the stork, well all I can say is be glad. It can always be worse, or you could end like me. My son passed away 2 1/2 years ago, and I will never have Grandchildren. Like I said, it can always be worse.

my condolences Kenny....to you and your family.

Slime

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the relay got wet, this might cause it to short. Also you need to check if the trigger wire is hot. Is it getting power from somewhere else? As for the stork, well all I can say is be glad. It can always be worse, or you could end like me. My son passed away 2 1/2 years ago, and I will never have Grandchildren. Like I said, it can always be worse.[/QUOI meant a storm rolled through...my condolences to you too...I can't imagine that.