4" and it's only level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh S

Reaction score
Been meaning to reply and measure my truck, but have been forgetting to do it after work or before I go in (problem with working 12 hour shifts at night) my truck is sitting right around 17.25” from center of wheels all around. It’s parked on kind of an unlevel surface so I had to adjust my measurements.

Front has 3” drop coils that I got off eBay. I had to heat one side up with a torch to drop it about 3/8” to sit level with the other side. Rear I pulled the middle leaf (the one with the clips) out of my pack. It was originally a 3+1 pack. I also have my tool box full of tools, maybe 200 pounds or more, and a fiberglass tonneau cover. It suits my needs, but I probably wouldn’t recommend that setup for a daily driver
Truck looks good man. Thanks for the info. Sounds like your stock height up front was +/-1" of where I'm at. I'd be curious to know what others after 4" shackle/hanger kit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

xjsciortino

Reaction score
Truck looks good man. Thanks for the info. Sounds like your stock height up front was +/-1" of where I'm at. I'd be curious to know what others after 4" shackle/hanger kit.

Thank you. I was also foolish and didn’t measure how much of a drop I got before doing it. You can tell it’s definitely lowered from stock, but nothing too crazy. Not many lowered trucks where I live so just this minor look definitely makes it noticeable. Here’s a pic from when I bought it for reference

You must be registered for see images attach

Josh S

Reaction score
Thank you. I was also foolish and didn’t measure how much of a drop I got before doing it. You can tell it’s definitely lowered from stock, but nothing too crazy. Not many lowered trucks where I live so just this minor look definitely makes it noticeable. Here’s a pic from when I bought it for reference

Yes, I like the 4/6 look but my shop entrance and Louisiana roads do not.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use my truck for junkyarding jaunts. I am friends with the owners, being its 10 acres of rusty gold, they let me drive in and up and down the rows of junkers. I work off the tailgate, and pile my treasures in the bed as I go. The 2/4 drop is plenty for this still giving ok ground clearance. Although I have to be more careful in certain washouts in the wrecking yard so I dont get high centered. Being that this isnt a show truck it wont get lowered any further. I can barely get my floor jack under the front air dam now with the 2" front drop. This is the reason I am considering cutting 2" in the seat upright mounting frames and lowering the seats a bit. Will make it feel like I am getting into a lower truck, plus I think it will make it more ergonomic for my height.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When doing drop shackles and drop hangers, you need to get the upper and lower shock extenders as well. Its allows full shock travel maintains correct shock angle geometry, and will take a bit of the harshness out of the ride. Not sure on an RCSB but on my RCLB I had to clearance the bed floor U channels where the upper extenders hit in those spots. And make some slight modifications by grinding with a drum rotary file to allow the shocks upper bodies to have clearance to go up inside the upper shock mount to get to the upper shock extender and not constantly rub or bang anywhere.

A RCSB may be ok with the extenders not hitting the under floor U channels. I found my RCLB was not what they had in mind when designing this stuff. I had issues with the front hangers hitting the bed support brackets welded to the frame for the long bed. I had to cut and trim these supports on the frame at the bottom to make room for the front hangers to fit.

I hit the junkyard and got a set of lower shock bolts and the rolled tube spacers out of the bottom of a pair of shocks. The lower extenders bolt on to where the lower part of the shock attaches to the axle and lowers the shock down another 2" I used the shock bolts I got from the junkyard along with the tube spacers to attach the extenders. The hardware in the kit was cheezy. It was 2 bolts, and 2 nuts per extender. My way with a single thru bolt nut and spacer to prevent collapsing the extender when tightening I feel was stronger and overall better.

Last edited: