4" and it's only level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yup worn out coil springs will get you a 2" drop at least LOL. My Burb has a little rake when not loaded. Got stuff in the back now, probably like carrying 2 or 3 more people, and it's close to level. Full swap meet load, it's level. And that's a half ton Burb!

Josh S

Reaction score
Also what size tire are you running now and what is the measurement from the ground (or center of the wheel) from the front and rear. I can compare it to mine, but your front end could be pretty sagged out being a 30 year old truck if the front coils were never replaced
I never thought of this. Rear center of wheel to fender is 19" and front 19 1/2". I'd like to know what others get after a 4" rear drop and a measurement up front whether it be stock with good springs or any particular drop. Only added variable now is measurement up front after drop (unless with springs) would need spring condition.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure how this helps, but my truck has summit 2" drop spindles on the front, summit 2" drop shackles on the rear, and bell tech 2" drop hangers on the rear for a 2/4 drop. Front wheels are a 225-60R15 on a 15x7 rim. Rears are a 275-60R15 on a 15x8 rim. Stock spring packs in the rear. Happy with this look. Wont go any lower. Am thinking about sectioning 2" out of the seat mounts and lowering the seats about 2" down in the cab though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Josh S

Reaction score
Not sure how this helps, but my truck has summit 2" drop spindles on the front, summit 2" drop shackles on the rear, and bell tech 2" drop hangers on the rear for a 2/4 drop. Front wheels are a 225-60R15 on a 15x7 rim. Rears are a 275-60R15 on a 15x8 rim. Stock spring packs in the rear.

Truck looks perfect. It's the height I'm going for. Any chance you know distance from center of wheel up to fender? Front and rear.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A bit of warning with the summit Spindles, these set the LCA to where stock steel rims, like your factory full size spare will rub badly. I had to trim some metal off both lower control arm flanges so my full size spare would clear. Just in case I had to use it some day.

Also the wheel combo helps with the slightly lower in the front rake. Here is ass end 2" lower with scrap trailer attached. I am not a fan of this height.

Josh S

Reaction score
A bit of warning with the summit Spindles, these set the LCA to where stock steel rims, like your factory full size spare will rub badly. I had to trim some metal off both lower control arm flanges so my full size spare would clear. Just in case I had to use it some day.

Also the wheel combo helps with the slightly lower in the front rake. Here is ass end 2" lower with scrap trailer attached. I am not a fan of this height.

Thanks for the heads up. I believe I'll go with DJM lower control arms to avoid this. Plus I'm new to all this, and the installation looks easier.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also used prothane insert polyurethane bushings when I had it all apart for this. Basically you burn the rubber out and leave the outer shells pressed in the suspension arms, then by hand you push the new bushings and new inner tube sleeve in. Easy peasy. If your going to go that far with the spindles on an older truck like this, I'd also recommend replacing upper and lower ball joints while your in there.

xjsciortino

Reaction score
Been meaning to reply and measure my truck, but have been forgetting to do it after work or before I go in (problem with working 12 hour shifts at night) my truck is sitting right around 17.25” from center of wheels all around. It’s parked on kind of an unlevel surface so I had to adjust my measurements.

Front has 3” drop coils that I got off eBay. I had to heat one side up with a torch to drop it about 3/8” to sit level with the other side. Rear I pulled the middle leaf (the one with the clips) out of my pack. It was originally a 3+1 pack. I also have my tool box full of tools, maybe 200 pounds or more, and a fiberglass tonneau cover. It suits my needs, but I probably wouldn’t recommend that setup for a daily driver