4/6" Notched

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FWIW*** and IMHO I say yes the pinion angle will have be adjusted, pretty easy task, I had to have my driveshaft shortened because it was causing the rear tranny seal to leak
I don't regret lowering mine, it sat about like yours does when I got it. I went with QA1 coil overs in the front for the adjustability. The rear had alrady been flipped but I added 2" shackles and 1" blocks. To get any semblance of clearance I had to redo the C notch with a under bed/over frame notch plus the pumpkin hit the bottom of the bed so I made a little "hat" for clearance, that's because the 454SS has the 14" rear end
It rides decent although on serious dips and such it will bottom out, has room for about 3+" travel, but I have pretty big ties and wheels also.
The fronts are the same story, price we pay to look "cool" as they say. :cool:
Good luck
BobbyV

You must be registered for see images attach

Great looking truck! I'm guessing you mean 14 bolt rear, not 14" rear? I'd love to find a 5 lug version, but that'll never happen because of how rare they are.

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello all!
I have aquired my fathers old truck. 1997 c1500 5.7 5-Speed. I'm looking to c-notch and lower further. Have some questions.
1) Will pinion angle need to be adjusted?
2) Drive shaft need shortened?
3) Those of you that have done this, do you regret it?
4) My truck is lowered with 2" Spindles.. And I believe 4" springs. I have new belltech coil springs(1" I believe) and shackles. I know most people just do a flip kit.. What would happen if I flipped with those springs?
What would you suggest I do moving forward?

All suspension parts are 2 years old with maybe 1,000 miles on them..

Very clean and smooth looking truck! My opinion is the unpopular one in this thread, but I think it looks great as-is :D

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is the 14 bolt and I have 5 lugs ??

Correct, and unless I find a wrecked 454SS in the pick-n-pull I'll never have a 5 lug 14 bolt SF rear. That's why I say I'll never have one due to how rare they are.

I really love your truck and how it looks! Great motor, great drivetrain, awesome color!

sterling454

Reaction score
I agree with 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 It looks great as is. Probably rides good also. This coming from a guy with a 5"/7" drop on a C3500 dually.

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FWIW I think all of us know that there are consequences the lower you go right, but there is no denying that there is a level that just makes these trucks look so "COOL", unfortunately IMHO its right where mine sits, which for an everyday driver is probably a little too low.
Before anyone flames me , yes its only my opinion
BOBBY V

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 1995 Sonoma that I bought new and lowered it. It sat so low that I got stuck on the crown of the road once on a side road. The ride was a bit rough too, but I was young and didn't care. Another time the tires on the right side of truck ran off the pavement and I was stuck again! The older I get the more I learn to find a compromise of cool vs practical. I live in a rural area and still need a bit of clearance for bumps, unlevel roads, dead critters, etc.