4/6 drop belltech vs mcgaughys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

obs jp

Reaction score
i just recently purchased a 98 silverado reg cab and i want a 4/6 drop. its between belltech and mcgaughys. i plan i running 22x8.5 in front and 22x10 in the rear. there is mix review on the front spindle set up. some say the bell tech pushes it out 1/2-3/4 on an inch. if so will this cause any issues with the wheel size ill be using. which is better belltech or mcgaughys?

nt2old

Reaction score
obs jp I have been in the same boat, trying to decide on which kit to run, so far I am leaning towards the McGaughy's with blisten shocks.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I prefer the Bell Tech Street Performer shocks.
...and I've gone through/blown-up/killed a whole lotta shocks, most every brand, on both of my trucks.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The last set I killed. These are 8 or 9 months old. Nitro-drops. (re-branded Doestch's)

You must be registered for see images attach

Shocks are not supposed to remain collapsed. Really dead! Lol!
There was nothing left inside. Shaft flipping & flopping around inside the housings. 'Clank-clank-clank'.
The shaft on the bottom one shows how both have been burnt blue in the middle.

The B/T's are built so much better. Better valving in both rebound & compression. They do ride a bit firmer in normal everyday average driving, but when pushing hard through the corners, they ramp up faster/better.
This is the diff in just the shaft size.
Best ones I've had so far, short of spending just over $1500.00 for a set of Dble adjustable QA1's or just under $1500.00 for a set of comparable Vikings