4.3L to ?? swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really don't want to go messing with the friggen PCM, other than swapping it to match the engine that I do end up buying. Why would I need to swap to the 5.7L injectors? I'm going 4.3L to 5.7L here.

Staying with TBI... as opposed to what? EFI? Maybe that's more reliable, and it sounds nice as a concept... but I need this truck on the road and inspected before the first snowfall. I went through this crap not so long ago with the 05 Silverado I used to have, except it was frame issues that time. I was in my backyard... welding in 30° weather and spraying Rustoleum with my fingertips freezing, only to have the transmission crap out on me that next summer. Fvcking 4L60E JUNK.

Normally, I don't mention money in posts unless I'm complaining about the unreal cost of things. In this case.... I believe that revealing the amount is necessary for closure purposes. We got a mere $615 for it. Paid $6000 for it as an "R" title, almost 12 years ago. The ultra-funny part, however, is that the corrupt junkyard which we bought many parts from to fix that Jeep up over the years, were just sold back to that same yard LOL!
4.3L injectors flow less fuel than 5.7L injectors. the calibration is also setup for the injector type.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4.3L injectors flow less fuel than 5.7L injectors. the calibration is also setup for the injector type.
I'm sorry, I guess I'm still not understanding how a 5.7L would not already have the correct injectors.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I've only got one question left: Are all 5.7L machined for the MT pilot bearing..... or I do I need to specifically find one already mated to an MT? That could be difficult.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sooo every engine that I've inquired about thus far.... either the seller doesn't answer, or they won't ship, or won't answer simple questions. GRRRR what is wrong with people?

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My old phone finally bit the dust, courtesy of a high speed collision with a wall. Since I was now forced to get a new phone, I now have pic capabilities again. I figure my first pic with the new phone should be my newest acquisition.

Is it my eyes, or is this phone/camera junk, too?

You must be registered for see images attach